Is THIS Japan?!?

The eye of the camera is determining what you see and what you do not see, whether you know it or not. Don’t let the media frame your understanding of the world…or at least be conscious of the fact that they are framing the world for you. Oh, and enjoy these images of the sunny climes of western Japan from The Corbett Report’s 2009 Video Archive DVD!

Category: Corbett Report

• Suraya Khan

Right James it is media which is entering each and every household and building the perception right or wrong. Who are the real players ? How to seek the truth?

• arthur granopoulos

anybody asking you these question gust do not get it you offer a grate inset and if they do not get it fuck them . I do not mean to be dismissive it is just that.time is running out

• hrep14

One of the biggest shocks I experienced was when I actually first visited other countries sites and cities I had seen on TV, in pictures for many years in my youth, was that it was totally different to that I had imagined. The heat, the cold, total 360 degrees of site, people all around you all going about their daily routines, the smells, the noise etc… It totally changed my perception of the accuracy or or should I say inaccuracy of TV and film which only gives you a single point of focus and not a 360 degree vision of reality. Which is why a tend to be skeptical of some blatantly suspicious propaganda reports I see on TV and in film, as you can take a small group of a people and broadcast to millions of viewers across the globe as representation of a country and city when it can be farther from the truth and even worse it can be filmed in a totally different location and you’re none the wiser.

• e 2.7182818284590

The holy cost is a good example of this type of manipulation. I’ll be the first to acknowledge that the people in the German labor camps had to live in horrendous conditions. But based on the “SCIENTIFIC” evidence one has to conclude that the Germans did not gas 6 million Jews. I DO NOT HATE JEWS AND I AM NOT A NAZI SYMPATHIZER OR AN AUNTIE SEAMITE. But the way the media has manipulated people’s perception of the subject you fall into one of only two categories. There’s no in between. You can’t be a compassionate person and think objectively all at the same time. The truth is that horrible things were done by both sides during World War 2 but the winner gets to write the history books.

• AnotherBoringWeek

James…
    You need to display the insane places to eat.
    When I was there, Tokyo has every type of theme that can be imagined…..ie: Hello Kitty ad nauseum.

• James Brozik

Dear Mr. Corbett, our main stream media is totally corrupted while doing its best to keep Americans dumbed down and we’ve social problems wont quit. I was lucky to be in Japan twice and met a wonderful lady named Yukiko Sikamoto and should have married her. Seems our country must go through another major social trauma before social order can return.