Is The Retail Apocalypse Here? – MASSIVE Retail Chains Have Gone Bankrupt!

Josh Sigurdson talks with author and economic analyst John Sneisen about the countless companies filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the past year.
A total of 30 retail chain corporations have filed for bankruptcy in the past year. 50 in the past 3 years. There appears to be a growing trend.
From Toys “R” Us to Macy’s, Sears, Radioshack, Aeropostale, Claire’s and the list continues to grow seemingly by the week.
We are seeing corporations be forced to compete against a massive government subsidized monopoly like Amazon and they’re scrambling. Of course these are the monopolies of the past going under because corporate power is being pushed into the hands of fewer by the day. This could not happen if it weren’t for government handouts to corporations while taxing and regulating everyone else out of the market.

Now Amazon provides a good service. It has a lot of earned demand on the free market, but it has an unfair advantage due to corporatism at the hands of the state. It’s impossible to compete against a corporation being propped up with tax payer money and there’s no incentive for Amazon to do a good job or innovate neither.

Many corporations like Walmart, Save On Foods and Costco are desperately attempting to match Amazon when it comes to groceries and supplies by delivering their products. There’s a lot of desperation and it looks like the bubble is popping as fundamentals do not seem to apply any long.

As this bubble grows more and more pressure, we will see more automation, more taxation as an excuse which will make the problem worse, more unemployment, poverty and higher prices on lower quality goods and services.

It’s time this power was handed back to the individuals on the free market rather than government subsidized corporatism. State conglomerates. The forced marketplace.

Stay tuned as we continue to report on this disturbing trend!

Video edited by Josh Sigurdson

Featuring:
Josh Sigurdson
John Sneisen

Graphics by Bryan Foerster and Josh Sigurdson

Visit us at www.WorldAlternativeMedia.com

LIKE us on Facebook here:

Follow us on Twitter here:

FIND US ON STEEMIT:

BUY JOHN SNEISEN’S LATEST BOOK HERE:
Paperback
Kindle

DONATE HERE:
Help keep independent media alive!

Pledge here! Just a dollar a month can help us stay on our feet as we face intense YouTube censorship!

BITCOIN ADDRESS:
18d1WEnYYhBRgZVbeyLr6UfiJhrQygcgNU

Buy Tickets For G. Edward Griffin’s much anticipated Red Pill Expo 2018 in Spokane, Washington by clicking the link below:

World Alternative Media
2018

“Find the truth, be the change!”

• Science Proves It's flat. FlatEARTHER

You can thank the Deep State C.I.A. funded company called (Amazon) for that- Guess who Jeff Bezos Grandfather is?…..The founder of D.A.R.P., The C.I.A. Black budgeted weaponized robotics group… What are the chances of that????

• YouTubin

Guys, EVERYTHING is tied to the diminishing EROI of fossil fuel… Particularly, petroleum. Everything you see happening is because cheap, high quality oil has run out. All that is left is energy-intensive sources that produce low quality oil.

• FMHammyJ

People don’t realize that the cheapest price comes with consequences. Perhaps when they are out of work themselves, they will.

• Mike Scott

Josh or John do either one of you use amazon prime?I use amazon prime everynow and then for certain things.I also shop and support local farmers markets and locally owned shops.However some of those shops owners i know tell me to get some of the things i need off amazon they say its cheaper and i was wondering are they killing them selves and not knowing this?

• Smufter16

The local malls in Seattle area are filled with non-white immigrants. And they mostly come to let their kids play in the kid areas. The only white people are old “mall walkers”. The actual stores are empty with bored looking shop girls looking at their phones.
    Amazon bought Whole Foods with an agenda to phase out organic produce and drive out organic farms. The excuse will be that sales for organic are slow because the food is too expensive. Bezos the Cuban CIA puppet is a Deep State asset.

• BiddieTube

The people are speaking, and they DEMAND A MONOPOLY! They support amazon, and so, they want a monopoly and do not want choices. As always, this is in the hands of the people. They decide the future. Seek out independent suppliers first, and NEVER SUPPORT THE EVIL BEAST!

• John Daniels

“If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them, will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.”

• John Daniels

“I hope that we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.”

• John Daniels

Great quotes from our founding fathers!!!

“Banks have done more injury to the religion, morality, tranquility, prosperity, and even wealth of the nation than they can have done or ever will do good.”

• Alien Grey

Retail stores do seem inefficient in the modern world. Prices are usually outrageous because of high business taxes. I’m amazed that any small retail stores still exist.

• KC Huston

Anyone who calls Justin Trudeau a scumbag is alright in my books. I have already felt the severity of what you are talking about.

I never recovered from the 2008 collapse and I tried my hand at living in Peru for a bit but unfortunately too much red tape and I had to come back after a few months.

I currently work at a large chain store and like you said they don’t pay enough and rarely hire full time which to them is between 27 and 37 hours a week.

I was living with family but now it is time for me to leave but with the cost of rent and utilities and other necessities in Ontario it looks like I will be living out of my car at the end of April.

Not looking forward to that… I would be lying if I said it has been waying on my mind but unfortunately I have no choice.

I am trying to stay positive and think of the money I will save not having to pay rent and other things and hopefully be able to use that money to invest so I can free myself of this revolving door we are all trapped in.

Keep up the good work and I will keep watching and I may have some questions about where to invest my money once I save enough to get started. I am very concerned about the direction not only Canada is going but also the West and how we are being attacked by Corporations and their plan to enslave us through debt. The only thing I have going for me right now is that I am at least debt free. I just want to become financially free and get away from the corruption and try to help others along the way.

Take care guys and keep up the great work.

• Deia Draper

This old news but again it’s not your fault it’s me because YouTube is just now posting it to me but love you guys

• Jean Allen

Once upon a time the owner would pay himself last and employees first. These days the CEO pays himself the lion’s share of the profit and gives pennies to his employees. How in the HELL did any of them think this way of thinking would possible last? Of course this selfishness would fail!

• domenic palozzi

people all people stop going to work and only then will we change for the better, show these rich hell raisers who really controls. the revelotion must begin stop dont work

• The Gringo Bandito

🚨It has been proven that it is a myth that online sales have killed the retail business. What is true is that people that are smart they wait until the stores have big sales a few times a year like Dillard’s does and then buy the products that are hugely marked down😱💣

• The Gringo Bandito

🚨🚨🚨Pennies and Sears have been doomed since the 1970s and 80s. Most people wouldn’t be caught dead in one of those two stores they would be accused of being a tightwad!😈