THE BIG MOVE ~ EPISODE 29 ~ AM I BEING SEXIST? ~ YOU DECIDE

• LESAM7578

not sexist at all, taking opportunities to serve your family is very important for little girls and boys. I’m sure that your family appreciates you very much

• The good the bad And the ugly

Omg if it is sexist to be a good man and put your skills that were specifically designed for men in to use so that your wife doesn’t have to then be proud of that as a woman I’m sure she really really appreciates that I was in a relationship for years with a man who was clueless on these things and I must admit I felt quite cheated because of his lack of knowledge of things that a man is expected to contribute lol, hence’ why I’m single

• Denise Richardson

That is NOT sexist. You are being a great man. Wish there were more men out there like you. You are allowing her to put less stress on her body and focus on other things. A lot of us women have to do things alone and need help.

• Denise Richardson

The whole concept of “Black woman is God” is so weak/beta Black males encourage us to do it all, all the time, and they do nothing.

• rollinhard7

It is very valuable to have a “handyman” around. I didn’t realize how traditional my household is until I listened to you. My husband also handles the outside work and fixes things around the house. I am the Lady of the Kitchen and the Queen of Clean up.lol. Our dryer broke recently and my husband went on youtube and found out how to fix it. We purchased the items needed and it has been working great ever since. Being handy saves a lot of money in the long run.

• Denise Richardson

Can you do a whole video on men and learning tools? The few Black men I’ve been in relationships with can’t even do Basic car assessments (not saying this is all, just haven’t met them). I had to change my own oil, tire, and more.

• Think More

Were being taught alot of false ideas that dont better our communities tell you the truth we dont have communities most of the time there just neighborhoods where nobody knows each other if you are sexists your best sexists I’ve seen you dont argue you dont beat your kids i think more people should be sexist lol

• Roe Fountain

As a young woman, I pride myself on my independence. I am aware there are gender norms in society that have been conditioned in us since we were all kids. That still exist today. Gender norms that are labeled as a more “traditional” way of living. Lenon, this may be why you think the way you do about this topic. I do not believe you are purposely being sexist, by any means. Unfortunately, by this way thinking (that is constantly advertised in the media) young girls develop the mindset that because she is a girl she is not strong enough or it is not important for her to be able to be handy and that is for boys, amongst a list of other qualities and characteristics that has a gender label slapped on it. I understand you are old school. I believe it is important for all genders to be able to share alike skill sets. To be able to one day be an independent adult who doesn’t feel the pressure of society to fit in a certain box, to do, or not to do something solely based on their gender. I want to add, I think you are an outstanding father and positive male figure. I am sure many men look to you as an inspiration. Continue to shine your light! (:

• UncleSeth

I love how you show us what family is supposed to look like. The only functional family I saw growing up was the Brady bunch (Cosby wasn’t on yet). So many people have no idea how family is supposed to function. I literally learned it from the Brady Bunch and the Cosby show when it came on later in my life. The new “feminist” way of family, where the man is not a man and the woman is not the woman and their are no roles, and the boys aren’t masculine and the girls aren’t feminine, and all the rules are made up along the way IS KILLING OUR NEIGHBORHOODS AND OUR SOCIETIES.

• dhgina dean

Not sexist at all Lenon. HOWEVER its sexist to think that because a person has breasts and a vagina that they need to feed/cook for you. its sexist to think that because a person has a penis that he has to change the oil. however…there is a reason why men are physically stronger (on average) than women. More physical strength (as lenon mentioned) makes it more logical that he can do things to accomplish physical manual labor much better more efficient than women; likewise theres a reason why women(NOT MEN) can breastfeed an infant and most importantly BIRTH A CHILD. lol!! But if as a man, you have a penchant for cooking then by all means be the family COOK!! As a woman, if you’re good with math and enjoy balancing that checkbook or keeping the books – DO IT!! Its about balance. The man should protect the woman. Thats the reason why he is stronger (on average) than woman.