What You Are Not Being Told About the Afghanistan War

TRANSCRIPT AND SOURCES: https://www.corbettreport.com/?p=20063

15 years after NATO’s invasion and occupation of Afghanistan, the 9/11 and Al Qaeda lies that were used to justify the war have disappeared. Now the truth about oil and gas, mineral wealth, opium and naked imperial ambition are all that remain.

• Light Seeker

Funny how the opiate epidemic spiked and has steadily gotten worse with
    little efforts to actually stop it .. Total bs set up..people started
    switching from opiate pills to heroin Bc it was so much cheaper largely a
    few years after 9/11& has steadily gotten worse and worse.. Heroin/opiate
    overdose is so common in America right now we sell overdose meds Narcan
    over the counter no script nothing At pharmacies 😤😞😞

• Rhonda Schmit

I cannot stomach listening to Barry. He makes me literally, sick to my
    stomach. ‘I’ did this, ‘ME and MY ADMINISTRATION.’ He’s a lying piece of
    shit who didn’t decide a damn thing. He’ll most likely be burning in hell
    for eternity along with most US politicians and politicians around the
    world, for their crimes against humanity. For following Satan worshipper’s
    orders they will be judged by their(our) Maker.

• Lion ofJudea

+corbettreport I wish you would do a piece juxtaposing the US “Opiate
    Epidemic” w/ the US Military protecting Afghan poppies!
    ********************That has to be the most obvious double standard I have
    ever seen in my life.***********************

• JP Prasad

who has money , seeks power, who seeks power, destroys peace,, continues
    game from birth of humanity ,, lol ,, never ending story

• MR JACK

We are all pawns. Henry Kissinger, “Military men are just dumb, stupid
    animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.”

• Willie Gillie

War and ammunition costs lots of money. Can’t buy more without ways to fund
    it. Now all we can do is let the military control every aspect of life on
    Earth. Too bad those that control them don’t realize the pandora a box they
    have opened they have no way to shut.

• not2tees

When will humanity mature enough to not follow such monsters as Brzezinski
    with their endless I AM THE BOSS OF THE WORLD mind defects?

• Mickey O

@11:33 Let me get this straight. The Americans are protecting the poppy
    fields because according to the MSM the Taliban gets most of their revenues
    from the poppy fields, yet the Taliban prior to the invasion had destroyed
    90% of the poppy fields and after the Americans arrived and “protected the
    poppy fields” the heroin production increased 1000%. The reporter states
    “If the U.S. burned their crops (like the Taliban did), farmers would blame
    the U.S. for their poverty and turn towards the Taliban”. Huh? Are most of
    MSM anchors smoking crack? It is the Americans that are paying the farmers
    for the opium crops so it can be converted into heroin to be shipped back
    to the U.S. and around the world so the Americans can make billions of
    dollars. Why can’t MSM see that 1 + 1 = 2? They have to be on drugs or
    being paid off.

• ziggy bear

this is exactly what takes place when the people allow power to be given to
    one man without accountability. the United States World War 2 and they
    became a nation of War rather than a nation that sought peace. becoming the
    industrial complex of War. I pray that America would stop being the police
    of the world let them kill each other that’s what they want to do then when
    someone Cries Out for help and we decide to help them all cards off of the
    table. we should go to win because war is ugly get it over with. no
    political business belongs in a war flatten the enemy with whatever you
    have to do to win to stop The Killing Heaven suffers violence and the
    violent take it by force. is just not the first time America has had his
    fingers in the poppy field. or use drugs to support the Iran-Contra Affair.
    there will be no hiding every secret will be known. the American people
    need to take back their government.

• Rick Handy

Thanks for doing this James – I fought in this BS war, suffered for it and
    many of my friends died during and after by suicide – all for nothing. It
    was a lie. Someone needs to tell the truth.

• MrJuxtapoz

When your good …….you sir ,are GOOD!Absolutely some of the best
    journalism in the world.You sir,rival all the intellects on geopolitical
    observation.But truly I am honored to share your experience.I will pass
    this info down to my son.For your name should, in a collective manner , go
    down in history as the example of all journalistic endeavor.Much love….

• Roz Rayner-Rix

Well I knew about the mineral deposits in the early 80’s… However it
    belongs to the Afghanistan not America…