The Anarchist Haven – This Is Christiania

Dan Dicks of Press For Truth takes a look inside Denmark’s Christiania. An anarchistic society buried deep within the system located in the heart of the Danish capital of Copenhagen.

Check out Josef Hanji’s Channel:

Support Press For Truth – Help us cover more stories like these
Paypal ➜ https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=JVRY7655FFBHG

If you prefer to not use gofundme or paypal (they take a significant percentage) you can donate by etransfer to dan@pressfortruth.ca

If you do not use PayPal or credit cards you can still donate! We accept checks, money orders, cash and equipment.With good old fashion mail you can send Dan stuff to:

Press For Truth
2574 St. Clair Ave West
Unit 1 Suite #181
Toronto On, M6N 1L8
Canada

on Facebook ➜ http://www.facebook.com/PressForTruth
on Instagram ➜ http://instagram.com/dandickspft
on Twitter ➜ http://twitter.com/#!/DanDicksPFT

Youtube ➜ http://www.youtube.com/weavingspider
Press For Truth TV ➜ http://pressfortruth.tv/register/

Support Press For Truth:
Donate ➜ https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=JVRY7655FFBHG
Get PFT Gear ➜ http://www.pressfortruth.ca/category/pft-shop/

Visit http://pressfortruth.ca/

• Adam Beswick

This is not true. I went there a month ago and I found that the place was infested by drug consumption. The streets were dirty, people were peeing on the streets and the entire place had a cloud of marihuana over it. The anarchist dream if you will has merely been replaced by the anarchist reality. The place is not a euphoria or anything to strive for. It merely illustrates the nativity of the far left.

• kasbj1

What’s wrong with the Danish government ? They should put those useless hippies and anarchist who sell drug like cannabis in prison…Christiania should be destroy I don’t understand the inertia of Copenhagen municipality.

• PlanetRockJesus

People often become homeless because they are jerks, criminals and rebels. They can’t get along with their families and would rather sell drugs than work a real job. They want to look like freaks, so they don’t fit in. Then, after awhile, they have burned all of their bridges, become homeless, and blame it on everyone else. I know that’s not every story, but MANY stories follow that line.

• Nil Yüce

Too much camera moves. Made me feel dizzy. Maybe it’s not allowed to film the place all around but at least some body apparatus to keep it stable could have been used. Oh my…

• ‬‌ ‬

OH MY GOD how many of you guys are talking like crazy politicians in this comment section below. It’s a shame. In whichever person/group/government’s hands this place actually is, people are still making bigger of a deal than they should do. If each of you guys would visit Christiania, I guess your mind will change a lot better and see that this whole argument doesn’t make sense. Marijuana is just a plant. It is another concept that your country’s government probably entitle weed in the same way as such organic compounds from which heroin and other hard drugs are made. Generating fear of hash is just a pathetic attempt of the government to produce opposition between consumers and drug-free citizens to gain profit in some way. In fact, when one comes to purchase marijuana, they would simply do it, whether we are talking about any country on Earth, and. On the other hand, when it comes to talking about the so-called “anarchy” we have in Christiania, I think, everyone knows that it simply cannot be taken seriously. This term is just used because it sounds cool, nothing else. My goal is not personally targeting those whose point is to keep a safe distance from weed consumption, but my advice is not to hold a grudge on the existence of this place before you have ever been here. I live in Copenhagen, I have visited these so-called “criminals” and found nothing but a huge group of relaxed people who enjoy their moments away from the troubles of the doubtfully humanistic idea of the world taken over by one-sided political ideologies. The streets were actually clean and much well organized than the casually boring areas of any capital city in the West usually. So I can’t really see the point of argumentation. I hope you guys all have learned something new from me. I wish peace for all, whether you hate weed or not. Full stop.

• Salvatore Shiggerino

Sorry to say, your videography is shit. Make smoother camera movements, and mind the lighting. I’m not interested in watching talking black silhouettes.

• OrcThenics

government should fuck off 🙂 government should not police peoples lives. i cant stand people calling for big daddy government to tell them how to live.

• Pablo Escobar

Well.. For those who dont know, christiania was in a shootout with police two days ago where two police and one civilian where shoot, one police in the head, suspect was later killed in another gunfire, the locas are now pissed and are throwing all pushers (criminals) out and destroying their stands. The negative part with this is that gangs are now going to fight over a huge market and it wont be controlled like it where before. Not it will spread to the entire city of copenhagen instead of one freetown. Sad..

• Mike Tate

I get the feeling they all sit around talking about “2003 mann. Remember that shit back in 2003!. What a crazy social experiment”

• Björn Gren

Jag organiserar psykiatriker när det gäller att ge blinda ett inre seende i form av psykodeliska hallucinationer och vackra konstnärliga syner.
    Times may pass and fade away.
    But thoughts of magic Woodstock will aleays stay.
    I can’ t get it in my mind.
    Love is blind.
    Björn-Arne.

• dutchgoing

I was in Christiania in early September 2016 a few days after the shooting in Pusher Street. There was a meeting of local people in the main hall and I stood on a rock outside taking some photos of the people in a public space for my own private use. I recognised most of the people there because I had spent some time in the last few years making a documentary there. A big fat man who looked like a drug-dealer and who wasn’t even in any of the photos told me to stop taking photos on my little amateur stills camera. That same camera had been to Cuba and nobody had said anything of the sort there. The problem is that the Christianites are spoiled. They want a nice cheap place to live in but are the first to deploy rules if things do not suit them. They think that you need permission to take a photo of them in a public place. I have also found that they are often very quick to dis-engage if say a social visit does not suit them or that they want to get on with what they want to do. It doesn’t matter if you have walked across town to see them on the off-chance. When I posted my photos on Facebook I was berated by people online when I said that I would use my footage from the documentary, shot at my own expense as commercial stock-shots. People in Christiania seem to have delusion that people are out to exploit and make money from them. Their community is not a mainstream subject for television. The only Christianites worth talking to are those over sixty, the rest can get a job frankly.

• N A

The result of this government ravaging is that anyone with a lot to lose does not live there. The best and brightest have been forcefully discouraged by the government.

• noisywan

They say there are `rules` in Christiania like no hard drugs, no camera, no violence etc.. So who enforces this policy if there is no `police` or gov. ?

• spicey66

Christiania is not going to be around anymore.Socialism does not work.Big Bully Government does not either.Lukas Graham had good memories but he even said the crime is rediculous there.You have to have law and order but not the Law (police) beating up on people either.Lukas Graham said he was beat up by police when he was a small kid! I don’t know what the answer is for Man,really.They say now that they are going to turn it into a developing area now.High commercialism.It’s like there’s no place for the poor but nobody wants to help rid the world of poverty.It’s sad.

• OMNIFIC PICTURES

This is a beautiful expression of Acharchism at work. I wish the report was a little more indepth. Perhaps staying there longer would help. Meet more people, see how things really work around there. The music was a little annoying but I appreciate this little glimpse. Thank you.

• John Doe

It’s only logical that for there to be rules there would be rulers. So not true Anarchy, it goes unsaid that there must be peace with one another. If rules has to be enForced there has to be someone to Force these rules.